
Today Sophia Paige is 7 months old! Didn't I just write that she was 6 months old? Well she's full of love, laughter and life, that's for sure. She continues to be such a sweet spirit in our house. She's trying really hard to crawl, but still would rather walk. She continues to eat only orange veggies, cereal and a few fruits. She LOVES her Evan and Haley. She'll start smiling and laughing if you show her a picture of them. It will be way too quick before I'm writing about her 1st birthday!
We have an L-shaped booth in our kitchen where we eat at. There is a bench that goes with it. The bench is solid and probably weighs around 20 lbs. Yesterday Jon was standing beside it and it flipped and squarely hit his big toe. We were all at the table eating breakfast. It flips...LOUD bang...and Jon is on the floor holding his foot. I swear I thought it broke his toe....may still be broke in my opinion. That toe turned purple immediately...as you can see in the pics. (I made him let me take some pics of it last night...I told him that had to go in the blog!!) It hurt so bad he was sweating and turned white. Not a good scene. I felt so bad for him. If anything barely touched it yesterday I thought he was going to pass out. I'm praying that God will put an angel around that toe so no one will step on it. I'm sure he's sweating just thinking about someone stepping on that toe!
We went to a beautiful wedding on Saturday. Dr. Kristina Frick and Mr. Brent Maxwell. Perfect weather, gorgeous bride and amazing food. But you know that no event can just be normal for us. At the wedding Evan wiggles one of his molars until it is very loose....unbeknownst to me. Thankfully he had a speck of good sense and waited to get to the car to really try pulling it. By the time we drove to the reception he was adamant that it come out. Here's his logic in his words. "I'll bet there's beef to eat (at the reception) because these are country people. I gotta get this tooth out so I can eat!" We're parked at the reception and Jon yanks the thing out! And good thing too, because they served smoked prime rib!! Evan was in heaven.
Have a super week!
Stay away from smashed toes.....and run to smoked prime rib!
1 comment:
OUCH!!!! Poor Jon, take care of that toe. I don't know where little Sophie gets the love of vegetables but I think Evan has the same priorities as Big Papa!!
We've gotten an inch of rain just this afternoon and it's supposed to be wet the rest of this week?? The ponds were full already and the ditch by the high school is about as high as I've ever seen. Good thing our neighbors have a boat!!
Love to All, Nana
Post a Comment