Evan ran the mile in 7:47. He was first in his class. Second was a good 50 yards behind him. He never even came close to a slow jog. He was moving. I couldn't believe it. He didn't know who had the top time in all of the 3rd grade. Let me tell you the wind was blowing like a crazy hurricane out there too. I felt so sorry for all of them. I don't know how they breathed when they were running into the wind. Personally, I don't know how they breathed period. I trotted to and from the van and about needed oxygen. Can you say out-of-shape? Yikes!
I can't remember if I've mentioned that Evan has the lead in the kid's play at church. Should be interesting. We might actually see lightening strike inside a church. Just kidding!! But to give you an example...the play is based around Camp Wilomocky. Evan keeps saying it's Camp Will a monkey. At kid's club and kid's church if a child misbehaves they send a note home.....I've already prepared my response.
OK.....I know I keep complaining about the weather...but if it snows 6-8 inches tomorrow I really think I might have to move. Because you know that in MAYBE 1 month (who I am kidding...in 2 weeks) it'll be like 105 degrees. Especially if it's the kid's field day...the parents will melt and the kids will get fried. It's too much I tell you...too much.
Did I tell you that Newman had been eating the poisoned dog food that's been in the news? You know only the best for him....Wal-Mart's Ol' Roy. Probably 10-12 cans of it. Do you think it bothered him? Oh, no....that dog's got the ultimate stomache. He's a cat...he's got like 12 lives though. Only Newman could survive eating poisoned dog food. We had to start feeding him canned food because he would bark for 10 minutes at his dry food...had to make sure it was really dead. But the soft was just tooo delicious to bark at!?!? When he finally does kick off it is going to be something to behold. He'll probably go out like Elijah in a chariot of fire. Or.....under a bus...either way it'll be interesting.
Keep warm tomorrow all of you in Kansas!! Eat my shorts to you in Dallas where it's warm!
Stay away from poisoned dog food.....and run to watching someone run the mile!
1 comment:
Way to go Evan!! :) I bet Mom and Dad showed you how to run so fast didn't they?? OR....have you been chasing a cute girl at school?
Post a Comment