
I'm always the corny one at my family's Thanksgiving dinner that wants everyone to tell what they're thankful for. Evan and Haley have provided some comic relief over the years with their answers. Today I thought I'd try to write a few of the things I'm thankful for. PLEASE add to this list via the comments section...you don't even have to sign your name...but thought it would be fun to see what we're all thankful for this year.
What I'm Thankful For:
-A God who loves me with no strings attatched and wants to bring me into His kingdom so much He sent His only Son to die so I could get there
-A husband who loves Christ and lives a life of integrity....and changes diapers too
-Evan, Haley & Sophia
-Parents who provided a home of love and safety
-Brothers who I adore....and now their girlfriends too!!
-A sister-in-law & brother-in-law who are giving us our first niece!!
-a HUGE extended family
-amazing Friends
Now for the not so "normal" things...
-Pepsi
-playing knockout with my kids & neighbor kids...and no, I don't let them win!!
-Miss Clairol
-sunshine
-a new washer & dryer
-family & friends who give us awesome tickets to sporting events
-dvd players in vehicles
-epidurals
-rocking a baby to sleep
-my pictureMate printer...LOVE IT!
-Windows Live Messenger...how else would I communicate with Jon?
-DVR...especially the pause feature
-anti-bacterial soap and gel..and clorox wipes
-Illy espresso and Moka pot...I might be a little addicted to caffeine?!
2 comments:
-our good health
-grandkids who call Grandma just to say "hi" and sometimes end up telling her a lot more..they also say "I love you" when we hang up.
-my husband of 51 years.
-friends who love the Lord and are always there to listen.
-my 34 year old friend, 9 year old friend, 1 year old friend, 10 year old friend and their daddy.
thanks be to God for: life itself--
" my "man" of 55 years
" being a mom of 5- RJGBC and their spouses
" being a grandmother 10 and their spouses
" being great grandmother to 3 plus 2 on way
" being an aunt
" loving parents and grandparents. aunts & uncles and cousins by the dozens.
" my sister and all inlaws of my spouse & their families
" friends and neighbors
also for: ability to work in the house, and outside and helping where needed
to sing, read, listen to (radio, tv, dvd-cassetts and computer
to play piano and keyboard
to crochet
to encourage others with voice (phone, conversation, computer, letters and cards
to cook and to sew
to be JOYFUL --content in all situations
to walk now but used to run and bike ride
drink homemade hot chocolate
eat homemade cinnamon rolls (or butterscotch)
time to read the GOOD BOOK
eat sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seed, and flax ground up together on cereal
thankful to be able to think things out instead of just "jumping" into a situation--
sitting outside on a Nov day with it being 80 degrees and just basking in the sunshine and giving God all the praise and glory that He so deserve. Thankful that God loves you and me.
Post a Comment