Wednesday, December 12, 2007

go away ice and snow





Well I haven't complained for quite some time about winter weather....but that's about to change. It is beyond me how anyone enjoys cold weather!! We got part of the ice storm that all midwest states seemed to endure. The first two pictures are of our house...we didn't seem to lose too many branches to the ice. The bottom two are of Jon's grandparents house...they'll lose several trees. There are branches everywhere. But guess who lost power? The ice gods know I can't stand them!! One branch came down and knocked out our neutral wire and a supply wire to the house...which was the source of power to both refrigerators, both freezers and our heater. So we might as well have lost it all. We were not suppose to run anything that was still glowing since we lost the neutral wire....and no, I don't know what I'm talking about...but this is what I was told. We'd still be without heat if my father-in-law wasn't a most excellent electrician and got us temporarily back on line! The city crew has to "officially" repair everything and we haven't seem them yet. Apparently around 300 people are in the same boat as us.

Only 192 days until the 1st day of Summer!

Stay away from ice....and run to excellent electricians!



No comments: