Thursday, June 18, 2009

hello

Hi All! The summer has just carried me away into a whole other place. We've been so busy. And if any of you know me, I do not like to be consumed by busyness. YUCK! Along the busy trip I've also had some really wonderful times though. :)

Disney was a lot of fun. I do compare it to childbirth...the memory gets better as time goes by! I can say Disney with a 2 year old was crazy work. All the kids had a blast. I just felt the need to keep my eyes on sass at all times....imagine that....in a place with 100,000 people and not feeling like she can just do whatever. :) I'll put a few pics on here.

What I really want to share about the trip is what God told me/showed me. Actually I was blessed to have several amazing experiences with Him, but this one is my favorite. Every day we would ride a big bus to and from the parks. One time when we were coming home the kids were especially tired. Sophie was in my lap sound asleep and Evan and Haley were on each side of Jon and I and they too were leaned into us sleeping. All of a sudden I was enveloped in the most wonderful peace. I thanked God for that wonderful moment. As our children get older they don't sit, let alone sleep, in our laps anymore. I was trying to convey to God how thankful I was and that I decided this was my favorite part of the trip. Not the rides or amazing shows, but this little moment when they were enjoying (even if asleep) to be nestled into my body. All of a sudden my Father, God, Abba said, "That's how I feel too. When you come and get up in my lap and love on me...that's my favorite too. You don't have to DO anything. You don't have to BE anything. Just love on Me and I'll love on you." Thank you Father.

Be blessed all of you!
Stay away from busyness....and run to sitting in the Father's lap.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was worth the wait to see the pics. What great memories for all of you. jb