Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!



I should be prepping Thanksgiving dinner items right now, but looking at blogs and writing this one are so much more fun!!

Had a busy, fun weekend. Jon and I got to go on a feed yard vendor trip. Doesn't sound that good, but it was a blast. Took a bus to K.C. We watched the entire series of Lonesome Dove. That was a new one for me. I knew I was with a bunch of cowboys when this series from like the 90s was playing!! If you haven't seen it, a quick re-cap: Cowboys riding horses, cowboys finding cowgirls, cowboys in shootouts, good cowboys getting rid of bad cowboys, cowboys fighting indians, cowboys getting killed, cowboys riding into the sunset on horses. Once we got to K.C. they took us to dinner at the Hereford House...oh I love that Jon works for a beef company!!! After that to the boats for some blackjack...yeah, Jon and I made some money...then lost some winnings...but left with some winnings in our pockets. Always good when you're in the black at the end of the night. :) The next day they bussed us to the Chiefs game. We got to tailgate in a tent with a catered lunch and drinks. A little different than our usual tailgating with hotdogs and store bought cookies. Then the game...wow! I started to really love football while watching my brothers play, so now I'm turning into quite the football fan. Of course I'm an EAGLES fan!!!ALWAYS!!! but the Chiefs and Steelers game was really good. There were as many Steelers fans and Chiefs. Fun! Fun! Fun!

All the fam shows up tomorrow. Yay! I cannot wait for stuffing! Could care less about the turkey...but stuffing...yum! I'm also making a little brisket. Can't have a big meal without some beef!

Well I've rambled on enough...my apologies to any of you who actually made it through that whole yada yada yada.

Have a blessed, peaceful, family-filled Thanksgiving!! We're gonna miss you soooo much Texas crew!!!

Stay away from losing money at blackjack......and run to Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm pretty sure that Sophia and Bailey were both born with the same "wild woman gene" :) This could make for some exciting family gatherings.....

Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!!

Jenn said...

I am missing you guys already. I wish we could be there to celebrate with you. We are so thankful for all of you and pray that tomorrow is a great day. Give the rest of the fam our love and if you make pretzel salad...eat some for me. Love you!