Tuesday, May 4, 2010

For Aunt Barb

E's ball team won both games on Sat., so that meant he had just enough time to squeeze in his piano recital on Sunday. He was thrilled. :) These pics are for my Aunt Barb who told a story about her daughter, my cousin, Katie playing softball then going to a ballet recital. Atleast E played his recital BEFORE the game...and his knees don't show! We went straight from recital to the ball field. Quite funny!

Here he is with his piano teacher Mrs. Spare.


Here he is playing his duet.

I know he's my kid, but he could be crazy good at piano if he ever decides he wants to be. He is way better than I was at his age. Looks like Jon and I get to be the bad cops for the next 2 years as he announced he doesn't want to take lessons anymore. Needless to say Jon and I do not agree with him and announced to him that he will take lessons for atleast 2 more years....And the battle begins... :) Feel free to send your encouragement to Evan that he needs to keep playing.



Evan's team lost their first game on Sunday by 1 run (my brother informed me it is runs, not points...oops...so much to learn) to a McPherson team. Was a really good game. That put them in the game for 3rd/4th. They won that game at 9:45 pm 9-3. There was a game after our game! E had 2 double plays at 2nd during the game. (I'm sure I didn't word that correctly..but makes sense to me). He also hit a triple late in the game. He was jacked up! We are very proud of him. All the boys played well. A fun group to watch. The next 6 years is going to go way too fast as we watch them turn into young men. You know I gotta say it...look at the white pants. UHHH!


The girls ran around the whole time and were FILTHY, I think dirtier than Evan, by the end of the night. Tip of my tongue has a blister from chewing seeds. Gross.



Stay away from blisters on your tongue....and run to taking piano lessons.



1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Here is a good reason for E to continue piano lessons: (this conversation took place while Brett was play B-Ball at KU, before Kelly was in the picture)
Brett: Mom, why didn't you get me piano lessons?
Me: Brrrreeeettt, excuse, excuse, excuse.
Brett: Well I wish I could play the piano cause chicks dig it.
(we are very very happy that Kelly didn't hold it against Brett that I didn't "get" him piano lessons)