Here are a few pics from the wedding.
Sophia meeting Erin's niece Presley. Soooo cute! Erin's niece is adorable and loved Sophia.
Evan and Haley practicing. They seemed so grown up to me all of a sudden. :(
E,H & S having some fun after everyone left the rehearsal dinner.
Day of the wedding...again...so grown up. Haley was so beautiful. She doesn't get glammed up very often, but when she does...daddy better lock the doors and hope she stays a tomboy a little longer. ;)
We started off the weekend with quite a bang...oh you'll get the pun as you read on...After the rehearsal dinner Haley and I headed to Target (ummm, yeah...my fav...) and Jon took Sophia to the pool. While at Target I get a call from Jon, "Get some butterfly bandaids and come to the hotel now." He said Sophia had slipped at the pool...none the less I didn't figure it could be too good. Upon arrival at the hotel I find Sophia cuddled up in Jon's lap with a big, bloody rag under her chin. Jon's first words were, "I think we can butterfly it shut." Oh Lord have mercy...I took one look and knew poor Daddy was gonna have to watch his baby girl get stitches. To Jon's credit he hadn't really looked at the cut since the initial crash. By the time I saw it time had loosened things up a bit. (I'm gagging just thinking about it...) Off we go to Galichia ER, which thankfully was only about 1-2 miles away. My first thoughts were...OK...be thankful...it's just stitches...it could be worse...and it could be on her cheek instead of under her chin...but stitches...no, no, no...I'll gladly go back to have my tonsils out again to not have to hear her scream from the shots, etc... Composure! No freaking out in front of the kid!! That's one of the very few bummers to being a parent..no more freaking out.. Jon and I were both praying that we'd get a nice, wise ER doc/nurse. And not have to wait 2 hours in a Wichita ER on a Fri. night. Boy did God answer our prayers big. We got in quickly. They immediately put a large cotton ball full of numbing goo on her chin. They had t.v.s in the rooms. So Sophia got to watch the Disney channel. After 20 minutes a wonderful ARNP came in. She and the other staff were super sweet and exceptionally nice and calm. I asked her not to mention the word "shot". So she told Sophia she had to "clean it with soap" and to close her eyes. She then proceeded to give Sophia about 10 shots in her chin/cut. Sophia did not make one peep. Then she told Sophia she needed to do some more "things" to her chin. Sophia kept her eyes shut and after about 3 stitches went to sleep!!! She did not wake up until they removed the dressing gowns from her. We were so, so very thankful. Sophia's first question was..."do I still get to wear my dress and carry flowers in the wedding?" She then told us, "It kind of stung when the nurse used that soap on my chin, but I only cry if I get shots." Oh little did she know!! We got back to the hotel and into bed by midnight. She slept all night. And was a fabulous flower girl. Only a few naughty moments, but no crying or complaining about her chin all day/night. We asked her what her favorite part of the wedding was and she said "Dancing to firework."...a song by Katy Perry. Thank you to Erin's aunts who danced with her!! I was busy taking video...too sweet.
The wedding was gorgeous! The bride was gorgeous! The groom was gorgeous! The wedding party was gorgeous! The day was gorgeous! I hope David and Erin had the most special day ever. We all sure did enjoy it!!!
I'm sure I'll think of some other funny stories/sweet memories and put them on here as they come to me.
I made a little video montage of all the pics. If any of you want to see it e-mail me and I'll send you a link. It was too big to put on here.Have a great summer!!
1 comment:
Post a Comment