Jon here. Again... With all the positive feedback from my blogging debut last month, I felt obligated to chime in again... :)
Baseball is over (Karren would say "finally"). ;) Long, hot season. But successful. We ended up 30-6-1 on the year. Yes, we had a tie. Pool play game with a time limit (at our tournament). State tournament in Wichita went... well... ok... We were competitive, but didn't have any luck at all. The first team we played in pool play (Salina) ended up getting second overall, poor Gage broke his ankle in the second pool play game, and Isiah got food poisoning and was sick Saturday morning for the bracket game (he toughed it out and played great, even though he felt awful). The boys all hung in there, and lost a good baseball game to Derby 8-7. My mom taught me that if I can't say anything nice about something, not to talk about it at all. So I will not be making any comments about the Derby team or especially their coaches......
Haley got to spend last week in Concordia with her Aunt Traci and Uncle Bryce, and cousins Cami and Cassi. She had a great time up there. Sophi got to go with my mom Friday night and have a sleep over with the girls. But I don't think they got much sleeping done. As soon as we saw her Saturday, Karren and I looked at each other and said "she's tired". And she was... But, she, too, had a great time with her cousins.
Karren spent the last couple of days in Parsons helping Rhonda unpack from their recent move. Yes, Barry and Rhonda Vratil moved to Parsons. :( We're all gonna miss the Vratils...
The heat... When is it going to end?????
Stay away from Chinese buffets during state baseball (Isiah), and run to the next sport season (football/volleyball here we come!).
No comments:
Post a Comment