Wednesday, September 7, 2011

birthday, school, sports...

A little behind...as usual these days...but here goes for a quick catch up.
This is E on his 14th birthday. He chose a rice krispie cake, again, for his birthday cake. I'm going to have to get more creative if he keeps picking this. :)

Haley on her 1st day of school. I've got to get a pic of E. He had 6:00 am practices the whole 1st week of school and needless to say Haley didn't want to get up and be around by the time he left at 6:00 for a picture. boo... ;)
Sophia on her 1st day of school. And no, SRS did not get called. Fri. afternoon she was jumping on my bed and fell and hit her forehead...hence the left black eye and bruise between eyes. And if you ask her about it she'll tell you, "mom wasn't even sorry, cause she told me to stop jumping on the bed like 10 times.." Then she fell off the porch Sun. afternoon. She wasn't messing around and her aunt and I tried to keep her from falling, but she bit it anyway...hence the right black eye and scrapes. And I was very sorry for her then. As I was holding ANOTHER ice pack on her face she whimpers.."all I want to do is watch My Little Pony.."
She LOVES school and her new teacher. There are 3 girls and 7 boys in her class. Should be interesting.
Haley at her first volleyball meet. She was so excited to get #13. Her favorite number. She was selected as B team captain. Jon and I are working on her getting a little more aggressive. Such a strange thing to have one kid who we have to encourage to tone it down a little...and another kid...16 months apart who we encourage to get angry and beast it up. :) She's having a blast.

E at their first home game last night. I was videotaping. Thank goodness another mom got these photos as he wasn't in the game very long. During 1st series he sprained his ankle and sat out the rest of the game. So sad for him because we know the return time. But also a little mad at him too...or as Sophia would say...not sorry...(not really)...as his ankle has been feeling so good he decided not to tape it for game. Even though the physical therapist told him months ago he was going to have to tape for every game and practices. Afraid this will be a hard lesson learned. Good thing about being young, bounce back quick. The team did great though and beat Kingman 16-0. They've got a few out hurt. Once they all get back this should be a really great team. He was all excited because he got his favorite number too..#3. Probably won't happen too often as an upperclassman 2 years ahead of him loves that number too. But whenever he can he picks #3....props to Unlce David and Cousin Brett!! :)

I think that's all for now.

Stay away from sprained ankles and falling on your face...and run to starting school and playing sports!

No comments: