Thursday, February 22, 2007

First Time


This is my first "blog" ever. I've decided to do this so family and friends can keep up-to-date with our lives.

It is beautiful here today. Sunny and 52 degrees. Sophia is napping. Evan is home with an ear infection (story to follow). The cats are sleeping in the sun (that's Simon in the pic). All is well.

Evan woke us up last night at 1:00 am with an earache. I gave him motrin and a heating pad for his ear. We all went back to sleep with no more complaints. This morning he says he needs to stay home, his ear hurts, he can't hear...yada yada yada. I remind him that it is beautiful and if he stays home no t.v., no PS2, no computer, and absolutely NO outside. It's a miracle...he wants to go to school. You see it coming right? The school nurse calls at 10:00, "Evan has one ruptured ear drum and the other is about to blow. Was Evan complaining of his ear hurting?" Loser mom of the day award! Off to the Dr. and meds to come. He still wants to go outside...the guilt will say yes to him!

Haley is on a school trip to Hays today. She was so excited. Of course the main issues were: 1.) What to wear 2.) Who to sit by on the bus and 3.) What to put in the sack lunch. Oh yeah...we're also going to go and learn about fossils and stuff. Big deal!?!? I wish I could secretly videotape her every step of the way. Her backpack was bulging with "stuff" to keep them busy on the bus. I'm just praying she doesn't get car sick and her teacher makes her go to the bathroom before they leave. Oh yeah and they learn about fossils and stuff!?!?

We're getting Sophia dedicated at church this Sunday. We're so excited about this. We've picked scripture from Ephesians 3:16-19. "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."
We pray this for all of our children.

I just love God. I just can't help saying it. His faithfulness, mercy, grace and love are so overpowering. I've been coming into the deeper meaning of that for the past 8 years, but since Sophia's birth it's just been so strong. So for any of you reading this I pray Ephesians 3:16-19 for you too.

Have an awesome day! Stay away from ear infections and moms who don't believe you.....and run to sunshine and freshly bathed babies.
<><>

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow..I am impressed!! and it was nearly as good as a visit in person!! Those poor kids...how have they gotten along this far in life with a Mother like you??? AND more important WHY wasn't I called to keep Sophia??? Love ya Karren #1....joanie b

Anonymous said...

Hi Karren,
I'm impressed too :) My compliments fot the idea. Since we are so far away, internet allows to shorter all the distances and keep updated on your family lifes.
Say hi to the kids from uncle max :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words! You made me tear up and laugh...Feels good though. Have a wodnerful day and enjoy that little bundle from heaven and hold her as much as possible. Luke Man won't let me do that very often anymore.