Friday, February 23, 2007

70


A woman in my life is celebrating her 70th birthday today. I think in her heart she believes she's turning, maybe 26. Don't get me wrong, she doesn't behave like a 26 year old (well, she does sometimes, but that's only when she forgets her swimsuit and it's 110 degrees, and she really wants to swim, so she gets in with her clothes on). She has the wisdom of a woman that is 70, but she has the spirit of a much younger person. We've only known each other for about 3 years, but it feels like 20 and in a good way. We've traveled 1000s of miles together. We've laughed and laughed and laughed. And we've cried a little bit too. We've made memories in the past 3 years that I will cherish for the rest of my life. The fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control....and she is one fruity lady...because she bears them all. She is loved by people of ALL ages. Little children LOVE her and old people adore her. Those of us inbetween look to her for guidance and inspiration. She is one of those people that I wish everyone could have in there life.

Miss Joannie B., you're just the best. I want to be exactly like you when I'm 70. I want to be exactly like you when I'm 37. Thank you for being my sister in Christ. Thank you for being like a second mom to me. Thank you for sharing your love of the Lord. Thank you for the ultimate privilege of calling you dear friend.

Have an awesome day all of you! Stay away from crabby people and germs....and run to birthday cakes and beautiful, love-filled, amazing 70 year old women.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very impressed. If you keep this up, your family will have it's own reality tv show on MTV or VH1 soon. Although for that to happen you and Jon are going to have to start partying more, and Evan probably needs to start getting some tattoos. Thanks for the info and I'll be looking forward to future blogs! One last thing, luckily I'll be 27 very soon, because those 26 year olds can be so immature. Ha. -Brett Ballard

Anonymous said...

Now you have gone and done it!!....made me cry on my birthday. I like you can't believe it has only been 3 years since we got to know each other and it was as if we have known each other all "my" life. You bring out the best in me you know..and I have taken risks that I could only have dreamt of at one time. Thank you for sharing your love of God and your family with me. love ya...