Monday, February 26, 2007

Sophia's Dedication





Sunday, February 25th was Sophia's dedication at church. We had a beautiful day. Sophia had her 2 sets of grandparents, a great-grandfather, 2 great-grandmothers, an aunt and uncle, and 2 dear friends join her for the service. She was a very good girl (showing off for her grandparents I'm sure!) This was a time to dedicate Sophia to the Lord. As her parents, we dedicated ourselves to raising Sophia in a Christian home. The Pastor, Ryan, also asked the church to dedicate themselves to encouraging Sophia in her walk with Christ. Jon read the passage from Ephesians that I mentioned in the first blog and then he prayed an amazing prayer of blessing over Sophie. I'm really missing the words to describe the emotion of the service. I think because I was a little overwhelmed that we were actually standing there with a baby we've wanted for so long....that our dreams had finally become a reality. The passage from 1 Samuel 1:27 is running through my head, "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him."

The day continued with lunch at our house with all our family. It was lots of fun and laughter. I think Sophie only stayed awake for about 30 minutes of her party though!

I've got to mention Evan's basketball game. E had a rec basketball game on Saturday...I think it should be called bafooball because it's a combination of basketball and football. There's always a roughing the passer and several clean blocks. I thought they would get killed because they were playing the best team and we were down a man which meant everyone would have to play the whole game. Needless to say, not much depth on the bench. Evan has been playing point guard and that is perfect for him because he is actually encouraged to boss people around! They lost their game, but it wasn't a blood bath. E had the most points for his team 8 out of the 14. Atleast they got in double digits. That doesn't always happen!

Better go for today! Hope all of you stay warm and have sunshine where you are.

Stay away from mean dogs and sour milk and run to March Madness and kid's rec sports.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is just beautiful!