Tuesday, March 13, 2007

circus tricks


This is the infamous circus pose in our house. Jon has done this with each of our kids. The first time my dad saw him do this with Evan I thought he was going to stroke out. Sophie loves it.

Shhhhhh.....I don't want "anyone or anything" to hear this, but I think we are all well in our house. Thank heavens!! Sophie still has a little cough, but other than that everyone appears to be on the up and up.


Sophie's new favorite toy is her exersaucer. It is the little gadget they sit in the middle of and they can stand up and turn around in circles. She loves to sit in it and spin around and throw all her toys on the ground. How do babies know to do this? Every baby for all time has had to take their toys and pitch them to be picked up by sucker parents who want them to be happy. Anyway she loves it and that's why I love it too.


Evan and Haley have been loving this awesome weather. Evan has been making me play basketball with him after school. He loves to play 21. And you know I can't let him win! I'm out their shooting like Michael Jordan, never mind that the goal height is 7'6". I love adjustable goals. Wish they would have had those when I was a kid. Evan was pretending to be Mario Chalmers shooting the three from the top of the key. Too funny. Speaking of NCAA basketball.....KSU got totally ripped off! Booo to the NCAA selection committee!

Haley is into tennis right now. She hits the ball off the garage door and side of the house (I try not to grumble). She says she wants to take tennis lessons this summer during summer recreation. I hope she still wants to when summer rec gets here!

Evan and Haley start spring break this Friday. I don't know who's more excited them or me. I love the thought of a week of no schedules and maybe sleeping in a little if Sophie lets me. Although there's always chaos that ensues. By Tuesday we'll have had 50 kids at our house. Whenever there's no school our house becomes party central. We are going to go spend some time with my parents. Evan is hoping his Uncle will be there to take him golfing. Me too...I don't think they let strollers on the golf course.

Have a great week!

Stay away from gossip....and run to spring break!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sophia....when do you and Dad go on the road with your act??

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see everyone! Hope the weather's good so the guys can golf. Haley, Big Papa was a pretty good tennis player in his day! Is Sophie still jabbering away?
K-State pulled it out. Yeah!!! We were good eggs and went to choir practice even though it was during the game. There are a lot of Wildcat fans in choir and we all listened to about the last minute on a radio as soon as we were done practicing!
Brett didn't go to Chicago for the KU game Friday as Kelly is scheduled to have the baby tomorrow (Thursday). Keep them in your prayers. Lots of Love from Nana and Big Papa