Monday, April 9, 2007

EASTER


Happy Easter everyone! We had a wonderful day. A little too cold to hunt eggs outside though....so we had quite a hunt in our living room, dining room and office. Sophie watched in wonder as Evan and Haley dashed throughout the house in search of eggs. She did like to look at the eggs and tried to pop one in her mouth. Too funny.

It did feel weird to bundle up in all our winter coats to go to church. Where is global warming when you need it?

Church was awesome. Packed house. Children's time was hilarious. Our pastor beaned a kid in the head with an egg that was filled with a rock (representing Jesus' tomb). I felt so bad for him. There was probably 40 kids crammed up front and they're all wanting his attention. He was trying to be nice and toss the egg to a girl in the back row, who obviously couldn't catch and caught the egg right between the eyes. All you heard was a "crack" and Pastor Ryan saying, "Oh, I'm so sorry. Pastor feels really bad about that." The whole congregation was laughing. That won't soon be forgot! Miss Sophie even behaved herself. One of her great grandmas made her Easter dress. She was adorable and very fluffy. I think the dress entertained her as much as anything.

We came home and stuffed our self on our Easter tradition of brisket. Gotta have beef at this house!! Jon's parents and sister and brother-in-law came over too. It was a very nice afternoon.

Evan keeps praying for nice weather...me too. Chilly is to be expected, but snow...for 2 days....that's a little much. Come on summer!!

Have a great week! Stay away from snow....and run to warm spring weather!!

1 comment:

pastorrhino said...

It was quite "beaning" in the head...but I appreciate the fact that I am now famously included in your blogspot! Have a great day!