Sunday, April 1, 2007

six hours one friday

Six Hours One Friday is the name of a book by Max Lucado. It is about the last six hours of Jesus life. I read it a long time ago during lent and I've gotten it out this year. The book, and more importantly the actual six hours one Friday, have inspired me today.

Jesus died on that cross for you and for me. Not for "us" or a general description of a group of people. Jesus died on the cross for Karren Skelton and Jon Skelton and ______ put your own name on that line. I've forgotten lately that God knows me personally. He knows every hair on my head. He knows you too. He's not some big santa in the sky getting us out of jams or marking our name off a list. He's God, and He loves me and you. Intimately.

I love the group Third Day because they love the Lord. One of their songs is my favorite right now (as my "favorite" is always changing). I'm putting the words in this blog today. I hope you read it, I really hope you look it up and listen to it.

Thanks for reading this blog. I find myself wanting to say "sorry" if it isn't what it normally is today....but you know what....it is my blog....and I just can't help but tell you how much God loves you...you....you. Embrace that today and always. But don't be content to depend on my view point. As Max Lucado says, "Don't settle for a faith inherited from your family or borrowed from your friends. Their help is important and their teaching is vital, but you never know when you'll have to face a life storm alone. So be sure that your heart is safely secure in God."

Love ya!!

Stay away from whatever is holding you back......and run to God.

Love Song, By Third Day.....
I've heard it said that a man would climb a mountain
Just to be with the one he loves
How many times has he broken that promise
It has never been done.

I've never climbed the highest mountain
But I walked the hill of calvary

I've heard it said that a man would swim the ocean
Just to be with the one he loves
How many times has he broken that promise
It can never be done

I've never swam the deepest ocean
But I walked upon the raging sea

Just to be with you, I'd do anything
There's no price I would not pay
Just to be with you, I'd give anything
I would give my life away.

I know that you don't understand
the fullness of My love
How I died upon the cross for your sins
And I know that you don't realize
how much that I gave you
But I promise, I would do it all again.

Just to be with you, I've done everything
There's no price I did not pay
Just to be with you, I gave everything
Yes, I gave my life away.
Just to be with you, Just to be with you

<><

No comments: