Saturday, April 14, 2007

i give up





Despite all my attempts at denial, I finally have to admit that it snowed. Frosty the snowman is now my arch nemesis. Even Newman and Maggie are walking around in the backyard with an "extra" dazed and confused look on their faces. I've heard from our local meterologist that it will be in the 60s tomorrow. Oh goody...brown slush anyone? Oh well, I'll take warmth anyway I can get it at this point.

The kids got out of school early yesterday. I wasn't quite sure the reason for that. But hey, even I enjoy a half snow day! Evan watched a movie and Haley and I played bored...I mean board games. For some reason I was not able to defeat her in Pretty, Pretty Princess. Although Sophie did take the crown once. It went down to the last pop in Trouble. And I think I won at cranium. I swear I'm going to steal all the "scuplt something" cards from that game. Nothing like trying to mold a nose out of 2 year old clay.

Made a chicken casserole to die for...I should say of. It was HORRIBLE. I ate a scoop and Jon ate a scoop and Newman ate 3/4 of a pan. Fortunately for us Newman is not a picky eater.

Have a great weekend!

Stay away from bad casseroles (you thought I would say snow didn't you?).....and run to board games with funny kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all got a little more than we did. My poor lilac bush was about two feet tall with all the snow on it!!! It is about back up now at 2:30 pm. The neighbor kids across the street on the corner made a snowman about as tall as me. I'm just sure warm weather is coming????
Love, Nana