Saturday, May 19, 2007

field day





Field day finally arrived on Friday! Oh what glorious fun was had by all. Because in today's field day every ribbon says "we're all winners". thbbttpphh (that's me blowing my tongue!) Come on. Is it really possible to say we are all winners? Don't you have to have a loser to have a winner? Why even have ribbons? The kids don't really care anyway....all the kids except Evan. He was all about getting the blue ribbon. Jon insists that comes from the Sutton side. I take that as a compliment!!

The first pic is of Evan in the wheel barrow race. He lost...no tears though. The 2nd pic is Haley in the dribbling contest...they didn't give out any 1st, 2nd, 3rd ribbons in 2nd grade. Even when "everyone's a winner" the colors are too traumatic for the kids!?!? The 2nd graders get an orange ribbon that says.....you got it..... "everyone's a winner'. The 3rd pic is Haley dominating in the gunnysack race!! The girl's got hopping skills! The 4th pic is Evan losing the 200 by a few steps....and yes there were a few tears. Mostly because he was having trouble breathing. He didn't believe me when I told him he'd have to sprint the whole time. He was planning on jogging the first 100....it seemed logical prior to the race!?!? E did end up getting a blue in the football throw (don't think Peyton Manning yet, they threw it about 8 feet into a trash can, E got the most in the hole). He also got a blue in dribbling...he's got his mama's skills! And he got a blue in the long jump...who knew? No idea where he got that from!
The last pic is of the "rob and big" of Haley's class. Those two cats are bestfriends and quite the odd couple. PS. "rob and big" is a show on mtv (I know mom, mtv is the threshold to hell...99% of the time I agree w/her on that!). One of my brothers got me to watching it and the show cracks me up!! So anyway...just threw that last pic in because they make me smile whenever I see them together.

We went to my cousin Kara's graduation in Greensburg today. It was a beautiful ceremony. Lots of speakers, but really, they were all great. So proud of all those kids. They've already been through more than most people will go through and they all had smiles on their faces.

We drove the kids around Greensburg a little bit. By the old family house, Grandad and Sharon's house, my aunt and uncle's house and a few other places. I thought I'd be just fine with it, but immediately the tears came again. Even I was surprised by that. Made my heart hurt for all those who call Greensburg their home town...I can't imagine how hard it is for them. They'll make it though!

The big play at church is tomorrow...say a little prayer for E! I'll let you know how it goes.

Stay away from stupid ribbons.....and run to crazy kids, best friends and amazing graduates!

No comments: