Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Proverbs 31:28-30
I want to say Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing mothers in my life.
First and foremost is my own mom. Our pastor spoke today about the blessing of having a mother who wants her children to know the Lord, and I knew exactly what he was talking about. My mom not only had us in church every Sunday, but showed us how to actively participate in the church by her own actions. She taught Sunday school, led vacation Bible school and sang in the church choir. She has a deep faith that is the foundation of my own faith.
I'm blessed to have a mother-in-law that is like a second mom to me. I can't count the times she has dropped everthing to help me, Jon or the kids. I don't know many moms, let alone mother-in-laws, who would use their vacation time so their daughter-in-law could go on vacations, mission trips, women's retreats, or emergencies. Just this past week she stayed with Sophie so I could go be with my family in Greensburg. She always has a smile on her face and a hug to give. We make fun of her for this, but she cries easy too, whether happy or sad....but you know sometimes it's really nice to have someone to cry with.
I gotta add my Miss Joannie B. Her family has been so kind to let me "borrow" her on many occasions. She's just so darn fun to have around. She always makes me laugh, but isn't afraid to say it like it needs to be said either!
There's so many more moms...Mimi, Helen Marie, Grandma Campbell, Grandmother Sutton, Sharon, Rita, Marsha, Pam, Cindy, Linda, Leigh Anne, Lois....and LOTS more. All crazy, beautiful, funny, spirit-filled, love-filled women. My life is so much better because of them.
Today, though, my heart is most with all the women facing an incredible challenge this Mother's Day. My step-grandma (she's really too young for me to call grandma!!) Sharon, my aunt Marilyn, Kassie and Jessica are constantly on my mind as they rebuild a life they once knew. Please keep them in your prayers.
Have an awesome week!
Stay away from sunburns....and run to your mom!!
No comments:
Post a Comment