Monday, May 14, 2007

my mother's day




I was treated like a queen on mother's day! Evan and Haley brought me breakfast in bed...toast and milk....thank heavens!! Last year E made me a "special" sandwich of peanut butter and sunflower seeds on wheat bread. Yum!?!? You know you have to eat the whole thing...let's just say it was a fear factor moment for me. After breakfast the gift processional began. First Evan brought in his card...very sweet...and a gift. He picked out a beautiful heart shaped locket that says I love you on the front. He said inside the locket needs to be a picture of me and of him. I'll have to work on that...don't know that I've ever printed off a 1/4 inch picture before. Then Haley brought in her card...also very sweet...and her gift...cross earrings encrusted with crystals to match a necklace I already have. She's always thinking! After that Evan brought Sophie in to give me a card...hand picked I'm sure!?...again, very sweet. Apparently she didn't get in on the gift giving...although she didn't seem too upset about it. Finally Evan and Haley bring in a jewelry box for me from all of them. By this point I'm guessing that dad must not have let them out of the jewelry section of Wal-mart...had to keep them contained due to time and a desire not to lose any of them. By this time church is fast approaching so we head out for that. Our pastor made sure the kids all gave their moms big hugs and kisses...after church more cards for me, but this time they're covered in glitter...my favorite!! I'll have to remember to repay all the kid's church teachers for their thoughtfulness! Evan and Haley insisted that dad take me out for lunch, so off we go to pizza hut. I have to admit I really do like pizza, so that was a great lunch! The rest of the day was filled with a nap (yeah!!), a walk, and lots of time hanging outside. I truly am blessed!!

Stay away from peanut butter/sunflower seed on wheat sandwiches.....and run to thoughtful children!

PS...I would encourage you to read godhungry.org for May 10th. He has a list of what a "real deal" Christian is that I thought was very interesting and thought provoking!

No comments: