Hope this finds you all well and enjoying life. We're great here. Busy with summer time fun!!
Evan and Haley finished up basketball camp last Friday. Evan's 3-on-3 team got 2nd. And yes, Evan cried when they lost. It was a close game. They only lost by 1. Poor kid. Atleast he's passionate. Haley got 4th in 1-on-1. The poor girl beat out 3 boys (one of them was "big" from her class...pic is in the May 19th blog) and then lost to a girl. It was quite the grudge match. No...not really, but they did have fun.
Yesterday Evan played in his first golf tournament in Great Bend. He did very well and got 2nd place in his flight. Shot a 61 and that was after taking a 10 on the last hole. They have to carry their bags and walk. So by the 9th hole he was getting pretty tired. Not to mention he'd probably lost a pint of blood from the moquitos. They were HORRIBLE!! Jon says Evan is going to have to practice walking the course. I'm sure he'll "sacrifice" and take Evan golfing.....lots.
Evan is off to a camp at Ft. Larned today and tomorrow. Can't wait to hear how that goes.
Miss Haley has been to tennis and will go to book club this morning. She's loving tennis. She had her first class yesterday and they learned to hit their forehand, backhand, and serve overhand. She's flippin Venus Williams!! Doesn't know how to keep score yet, but that's not really important!
Guess I'll be going to prison in 2 weeks. No...not like my bff paris hilton. I'm going in with a group of people to do a Bible study with female inmates at the new prison. We had our training last night. By training I mean background check. I think we filled out paper work for an hour. I really am excited to go in, but the "training" was kind of silly. They basically said they don't care what we teach...just don't tell anyone anything about anyone we see. I can do that. Oh yeah...and wear this black box with a red button on it in case someone attacks you. That is true...but not nearly as dramatic as that sounded!! I'll keep you updated. But not about anyone or anything that we do!!
Have a great day!!
Stay away from Paris Hilton [I MEAN IT!!].....and run to tennis.
2 comments:
Girlfriend....I think you could teach Paris Hilton a thing or two!!!
to a gal who truly is following the Lord--go ye unto all the world and teach God's love--keep on trusting God---
Post a Comment