The pic up above is from the youth retreat Jon and I helped at. What an amazing time!! The 3 young women in the pic are sooooo much further along in their Christian walk than I was at their age. All the kids we met are such an inspiration. High school through college giving their lives to Christ not only in words but in action. Truly inspiring! And funny! I have not laughed that much in a LONG time.
BIG NEWS: Jon and Evan won the father/son golf tourney last night in Larned. They shot a 40!!!! The format was scotch ball where they alternate hitting the same ball and alternate off the tee box. So that means E had to hit every other ball. So I think a 40 is an awesome score!! Jon said E hit his driver right down the middle every time he teed off. They had a great time and Evan LOVED beating all the older kids. They were playing not only adult/kid, but also high school/college kids. Which was especially sweet since he played really bad at Monday's tournament. It was a wonderful way to end the summer golf program.
Today is the last day for summer recreation programs!!! YEAH!! I'm ready to slow down for these last few weeks before school. The kids start school on Aug. 16th, the day before E's birthday. He's already planning that party!
Sophie has taken lots of steps, but still not walking all the time. She's too fast crawling. Her new favorite past time is digging in the trash. I don't even want to think about those germs.
We leave for the lake tonite. 8 parents and 11 kids. I can't pack enough bug spray!! Should have some stories to tell after this weekend!
Stay away from bug bites....and run to going to the lake!
1 comment:
4 beautiful young ladies and I know which one had the most fun and laughed the hardest!!!!
Post a Comment