Wednesday, August 29, 2007

life in general







Don't quote me on this, but I think we are finally back into the school schedule!! I know this because Evan is already home sick with strep throat. Even the the Dr.'s office couldn't believe kids were already sick with this kind of stuff. Whatever happened to a runny nose and a little cough? Oh well. He's doing really well. Will probably go to school tomorrow.

Had to put the pic of Evan with his birthday rice krispy treat. He did not want a cake this year. He wanted rice krispy treats, so he got rice krispy treats. I will admit it was much easier than baking and decorating a cake, so I won't mind if he asks for that again. He had a great birthday. He had 5 friends come and stay the night. They played so hard. Football for about 4 hours, playstation for about 6 hours and a scavengerhunt. I laughed for an hour straight during the scavenger hunt. They went all over town doing crazy stuff. We made them do a chinese fire drill in front of everyone at football practice. NONE of them had ever heard of a chinese fire drill. One kid asked, "Why would the chinese run around the car and get back in if it was on fire?" Sorry if all of that was un PC, but it was fun.

Haley is loving school. We did have to have a big talk about the "popular" kids being mean to her. She is not a popular kid according to her. I tried to explain to her that when kids are mean to other kids they probably don't like themselves very much. Her response, "Oh they like themselves allrighty, all they do is brag about themselves". It was quite comical hearing her perception of 3rd grade life. She has sweet friends and they manage to have lots of fun despite the "popular" people.

Sophie is great. Walking everywhere and getting into everything!! According to the papers and internet she is WAY behind on being potty trained!! If you haven't seen it, there are a group of people claiming to have their newborns potty trained. I gotta call baloney on that! I'm thanking God for pampers and huggies and calling it good!

Have an awesome day!

Stay away from "popular" people....and run to rice krispy treats.


No comments: