
Last Friday was Homecoming here in L-Town, or as the kids call it, LA (for Larned America). If you're not from Larned I need to tell you up front that our little city is very fond of parades. ANY celebration in town calls for a parade. So of course Homecoming warranted a parade...police escort and all. The elementary schools don't yet qualify for a float, so they had to walk. You know the teachers love that :) Herding K-4 children down 5 blocks is always on my "hope I get to" list. Haley and Evan really get into Homecoming Spirit week. They dress up in ridiculous outfits all week with the grand Friday finale of black and orange. Haley was quite the stunner in her black&orange boa. Don't see those everyday.
The little guys football teams did score a float. So Evan sported his football jersey and road with all the other tough guys. Takes guts (or stupidity) on someones part to put 30 5&6th grade boys on an open trailer! I can only imagine what they spit off of that puppy. Not Evan though....yeah right!
Evan's team had a tough game on Sat. Lost 40-6 against Hays. They play Great Bend this Sat. Not looking to be any prettier. He's still having fun though. He was so proud last night when he had blood on his practice pants. I figured he had a bloody nose. He was disappointed I couldn't figure out what happened. Of course he hit some poor kid so hard he made him bleed... at least that's his story and he's sticking to it!
We're celebrating Sophie's 2nd b-day on Sat. Lots of family, food and fun. Woohoo.Stay away from a bloody nose....and run to parades and 2nd b-days.
No comments:
Post a Comment