

It's May 11th! Yikes! Where did the past month go? School is out next week. We leave on vacation in 2 weeks. And I'm just a wee bit behind on everything I need to get done. As usual :)The kids are great. Evan was John Brown for his social studies presentation. As you can tell he let his hair grow back out. He says he will cut it before basketball camp...we'll see.
Haley is growing so much right now. She is really catching up to Evan. Our little girl is definitly turing into a tween. Can you hear that sound? It's me breathing into a paper bag! She's so sweet. I'm not ready for a crazy teenage girl!
Sophie is WILD right now. She's at that age where she's either super sweet or super naughty. One moment she's telling you how much she loves you and thinks your pretty....and the next moment is head butting you. (Her brother taught her that....we're so proud!?!?) She talks and sings all the time. Twinkle, twinkle little star is her favorite right now. I've tried several times to video her, but hasn't worked out. I will be so sad if I don't get it on video. Too cute. She's also started asking, "When we doe see dat tastwel" transalation "When we go see that castle?" She's very excited to meet Cinderella.
I spent all day Saturday at volunteer training with the Kansas Dept. of Corrections. I've been going into one facility that is part of the Larned State Hospital and now I'll be able to go into any prison system that's part of the KS DOC. I knew it was going to be an interesting day when I didn't pass the metal detector (the screws in my knee set it off) and I had to be patted down...3 different times. Then during the 2nd hour we learned what to do if you're taken hostage. And I quote, "That doesn't happen very often." Really? I was thinking, "That doesn't ever happen". Apparently not. I did have several moments where I thought, "What am I doing here?" The only horrifying part of the day is when they printed off my I.D. card (which I have to wear visible whenever I enter the prison) it had ALL my info. on it...including my height and WEIGHT!!!! OMG!!! :) If you want to know one truly scary thing....the Max DOC prison didn't appear as secure as the state hospital prison. Luckily my volunteer part won't take me in that section. God hasn't given me the peace for that yet. Never know though. Honestly, it has been a true blessing and joy to be involved with the ministry. We'll just see what adventure God takes me on next.
Have an awesome week!! Stay away from posting your weight on public display....and run to growing and castles!
No comments:
Post a Comment