Wednesday, August 12, 2009

bye, bye summer....

We ran away for a few days to the mountains! I was so excited because I had been to this particular place and Jon hadn't. A first for us! Was a blast. I must say we do better with spur of the moment trips. Weather was awesome. Wonderful day trips. Sophie only averaged about 1 melt down a day. So all and all a very successful getaway. The kids start school next week...yikes!...where did the summer go? Poor Sophie will be lost when they aren't around to entertain her all day.

Editor's note: put the birthday banner up to celebrate our August birthdays: Evan, Jenn, Derick, Jon, Ske and David!



At the Colorado Springs zoo the kids were able to feed the giraffes. Really cool. They are soo cute!


This guy offered to give Evan a free haircut...one for the rest of his life!! This was at the royal gorge. The pics aren't in order...oops!! :)


The kids were able to feed birds at the zoo too. The building was very similar to one we saw in Disney. Except at Disney it was full of butterflies. I must say the birds were much more interactive ;)


These next two are for Pastor Ryan!!! We made it across and back....and leaned over the edge!! Jon was feeling your pain!

On top of pikes peak. No joke...I almost passed out. NO OXYGEN. Yeah I know everybody else knows that...

Sorry it's been so long. Other tid bits...Jon's sister, Traci, and brother-in-law, Bryce had another daughter...Cassidy to keep her big sister Camryn busy. Sophie got her first hair cut...I should say trim. Jon and I celebrated 18 years of marriage. Evan started football camp. Onto football practice next week. Looks like Jon might be on the sidelines as an assistant coach. Does anyone want to babysit Sophie during the games? JK Haley toured the middle school where she'll be attending for the first time as a 5th grader. She thinks the lockers are cool and is excited to see who's in her class. Sophie is WILD. As her great grandma and I visited she found a sharpie and "colored' our back door and her bed post. I needed a project for this fall.... See Brett & Kelly...it could have been worse!! Congratulations to my cousins...Brett & Kelly and Katie & Dain are expecting babies this year!! Sutton family Christmas will be even more fun!

Stay away from no oxygen and sharpies....and run to spur of the moment getaways.

No comments: