Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Larned wins again!!

****special note regarding this post and the comment to this post....I should never have said, "cowboy" gear...only western gear...cowboy as in Dallas cowboy would NEVER be recommend on this site...Ever!! ha ha ha ha********

Another great week of football. Middle school, high school and E's team all won. Seriously people...this is big for our little town. Sooo excited!

I have no pictures though. First game I completely forgot the camera, 2nd game the camera made it to the car, but didn't get out of the car. So I'm hoping this week I'm gonna remember the camera AND get it into the game!! I really need to get a pic of Evan's hair hanging out the back of his helmet. His Great grandma calls it his "Samson" hair. It's where he gets his strength. His dad calls it hippy hair and is ready for him to cut it. E's argument is they'll lose if he cuts it...so maybe a little trim. :)

E's team won 7-6. They scored the first time they touched the ball. The kid on E's team that caught the ball is about 5'9" and is FAST. He caught the kick off ball and proceeded to run about 75-80 yards. Really cool. Then it was a defensive game. The other team scored late in the game, but didn't get the extra point. Can't wait til next Saturday!

It is Homecoming week here. Yesterday was hat day and today is western day. Haley had a hard time convincing her brother that it was hat day yesterday. Finally he put on....of course....his KU hat. Haley didn't hesitate to remind him all night how silly he would have looked if he wouldn't have believed her. ;) Apparently E doesn't care about spirit because he didn't have a lick of "western" gear on today. Surprise, surprise. Western gear is not quite as cool as a KU hat. Haley on the other hand...cowboy hat, cowboy shirt, and cowboy boots. Little Annie Oakley. :)

Sophie and I are off to Parents as Teachers group play date and then Bible study. So she's going to get in about 3 hours of playing with her fwends...aka...friends. 3 of her best buddies go to Bible study too. She is all sorts of jacked up. Her new word is freak or freakin. Last week I was getting on her about something and she looked at me and said, "Ok, ok, don't freak out". Then we took her to the movies on Fri. and she got scared and told Jon, "Dad, I'm freakin out". I don't know what's scarier...that she says that or that she knows when and how to say it.

Have a super week! Stay away from freaking out....and run to cowboy gear and Homecoming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got plenty of Cowboy apparel Evan can be PROUD to wear!!! :-)
Click Me!!
Love, D