Last week was an amazing week for football in L-Town. On Thursday the middle school guys won...on Friday the high school guys won...and on Saturday the 3rd/4th and 5th/6th grade guys won!! And all teams kept the opposing teams scoreless!!! I think everyone in Larned should have bought a lottery ticket! It was 3 awesome days of football.
Evan had an absolute blast. He was QB and scored their only touchdown. We are so proud. The whole team did a great job...E just happened to be the one to carry the ball for the TD. 12 yard run. I'm hoping my computer will let me load the video so I can get it on DVD and put the TD run on the blog. I might need to go to Jon's I.T. guy. ;) The team had a wonderful march down the field and got to the 9 when they gave it up on 4th down. 2 or 3 plays later one of E's best friends, Isaih, picked off a pass that put us back on around the 15 (can't remember for sure). Evan says the 3rd down...I thought it was 2nd....he stepped back with the ball and then ran it in. The clock was under 2 minutes...so we were feeling very confident! Then Isaih had an amazing kick off after the TD that went to about the 2 yard line. The last minute and a half seemed to take an hour! Finally the clock ticked down and the boys and the crowd went wild!! That team broke a 21 game losing streak for the 5th/6th grade. Needless to say everyone, especially the coach, was hungry for a win!
One other amazing occurence....Sophie was an angel! She stayed right with us the whole game and didn't have any meltdowns! Truly a miracle. Was our first road trip while wearing big girl panties and she didn't have any accidents!! I did have to go to my happy place while watching her use all the public restrooms. Clorox wipes can't even touch my paranoia.
After the game Evan, Haley and Sophie went with Nana and Papa, Dave and Erin to stay the night in Mcpherson so Jon and I could run away to Wichita for the weekend. We had sooo much fun. Jon had a dozen gorgeous roses waiting for me in our room. It's awfully hard to surprise me but he did it. He is too sweet! Love Wichita's Oldtown. I highly recommend the Hotel at Oldtown. BEAUTIFUL!
Have a super week!!
Stay away from forgetting details....and run to winning football games and running away with your loved one!
1 comment:
WOW! Tell Evan congratulations! Dain is excited to have a fellow QB to cheer on. Give the girls hugs for us......looking forward to seeing you all during the holiday season.
Post a Comment