Saturday, April 3, 2010

taylor swift

OMG! Taylor Swift was so awesome...seriously....like the most perfect thing ever.... OK, that was Haley talking!!

Honestly, TS was really good. I've been to over 20 concerts and she is in the top 3 of performances. Truly a great performer. Girl can sing and play guitar!! Was hilarious to listen to the crowd...composed of 80%screaming tween/teenage girls. 15% Mamas. And 5% creepy guys. You could hear the crowd singing along with her. Never experienced that before. She also performed in the back of the arena and WALKED through the entire center of floor...hugging and holding hands with everyone. In this day and age I thought that was CRAZY!! I guess she's 20, so she doesn't have to ask her mom for permission. ;)

I REALLY wanted to crop myself out of this photo, but the only one of the 2 of us at concert. What can I say? It was a long day of life, driving, standing in line for 30 min. for a t-shirt, and it was HOT and windy...not really complaining about the last part of that. :) Anyway I look like dog doo!!...Haley on the other hand....sooo cute!! Is she adorable or what? When she wants to, she can really come out of that tomboy stage she's in and really shine! She is getting too grown up.

Stage prior to TS coming out. HUGE monitors for us to watch. Lots of computer generated graphics. Really nice arena.

Before the concert and between opening act there was this jumbo screen where you could text stuff to. We texted, "Haley loves Taylor" and it showed up! I was so shocked that it was actually up there that I forgot to take a pic....boo!! so took one of what the screen looked like with other messages.
Been at this 3 years and still cannot figure out how to load the videos like I want...so not in order..
The first vid is Haley during the concert. She had this little Taylor Swift glow stick that she either waved or swung around for the WHOLE concert. Was sooo funny. She was really, really into it!!


This is the beginning of the concert. The audio does not do it justice. I could not hear myself talk. I was trying to tell Haley something and was screaming at her. She couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear myself. The screaming of all the fans was deafening! At one point during the concert she stood on stage for several minutes while the crowd screamed. Not me...sorry Taylor! I didn't want a sore throat. :) In the video she is standing on top of the glowing part and you can kind of see her on monitors. We had great seats and could see her really well though.

The night was a blast. Haley told me she wants to see her again as soon as possible. We'll see if we win the lottery. :) You all know my favorite part right? Just hanging with the amazing girl God has shared with me. She really is sooo much fun. Life is so busy we don't get to do alone stuff as often as I'd like. We laughed alot. I felt like I was 11 too.
Thanks Taylor Swift for a Mama/Daughter forever memory.
Stay away from screaming....and run to going to concerts with your daughter.

2 comments:

Traci said...

Sounds like you girls had an awesome time! Great pics! We miss you guys. Hopefully will make it home within the next month, but if not summer will be here very soon and the girls and I will have to come back for a few days. Tell all hello! Love The Wachs Family

miles3_17 said...

thats awesome, I want to see her!!glad you girls had so much fun!