My two 26s. Jon was #26 in his high school baseball career and now Evan is #26 too! woo woo. Jon is taking the position of assistant coach to the assistant coach...which means he gets a cap too. So they have matching #26 caps. Can you imagine that they don't think that's as cute as I do? strange...
As you can see the score is 9-0. We weren't home. In fact, we didn't score a point in 3 games and 2 days. Woops. "Fundamentals, boys, fundamentals." We're still working out the kinks.
Highlights from the weekend tourney:
- E played 2nd base. Sooo proud of him! Did a great job for his first year on the team.
- in typical Kansas fashion it was cold, then hot, then cloudy, then sunny, then it rained, then it stopped, then the wind blew
- the only ball to get fouled out of the park hit Jon's grandad's car...one in a million...no dent!!
- Had fun listening to the opposing team's coaches yell at their players. And I quote... "Open your eyes and hit the ball"...I haven't played a lot of baseball, but don't you always open your eyes?, "Hit it 80% this time"...my friend yelled in reply " Oh, go on and hit it 82%", "Stay in your zone and hit it hard"...is there any other way to hit it?...isn't soft a bunt? soo many more. Might have to start a book on what I hear.
- the last game on Sat. a stray dog got onto the field and proceeded to take a dump in right field, then evade 2 entire teams and their coaches before somehow getting coaxed off the field...crazy funny and would have made funniest home videos if I'd had my camera!!
Did you notice the white pants? Seriously? I asked everyone and they all LOVE white pants. He's worn them one time...I soaked them for an hour in a presoak, then I sprayed on Shout and scrubbed, then washed....not white!! I have soaked, scrubbed and washing AGAIN right now. White pants. seriously?
On a good note...Max, our close friend from Italy, is here. I'll have one blog devoted to him. Soooo much fun! We have laughed and laughed since he's been here.
Stay away from WHITE PANTS!....and run to #26.
3 comments:
I put my parents through years and years of softball tournaments in the blazing heat and freezing cold :) I'm sure they can relate!
The red dirt of baseball fields is brutal!! Have you tried Oxy-Clean? It was about the only thing that would get red wine stains out of my shirts when I was waiting tables.
Guess there's no where but up to go for the rest of the season, right?! Tell E good luck...and look at the bright side, at least you'll have a rock-star tan!!!
Sounds like a blast. Can't wait to come see a game. Tell E he looks GREAT in purple. His Uncle Derick will be so proud.
Love and miss you guys!
Go 26!
I never could get that red dirt out competly, but for what it's worth, I think it is kind of a badge of honor to show you played hard, at least for the boys.
Katie was always real gung ho on sliding --- every way possible, so her stuff always had that red dirt ground in all over.
One time her team had a "practice" with another team the afternoon of her dance recital. I told her she could play, but she was not to slide. Well big surpise, that evening she was the lovely ballarina with the sunburn, and skinned up knees and legs.
Those were the days -- I'm laughing with you, not at you!
Post a Comment