Monday, October 4, 2010

celebration

Sophia turned 4 on the 30th. Here she is with her special hat the teacher made for her at preschool. She had quite a day. 1st thing in the morning her brother and sister smothered her with hugs and kisses and birthday wishes...that could be a greeting card.... On the way home from taking E&H to school Sophia kept asking me, "I am fee (three) or am I fo (four)?" I then replied "You are 4 today." This question kept being repeated 3-4 more times. Finally she says in the saddest little voice, "But can I still play with my toys?" Apparently all the talk about her being a BIG girl when she turned 4 made her think she was going to have to put away all her toys for good. Funny.

Later that night after Evan's football game we celebrated with a tiny cake and some cupcakes. I wish I would have gotten a picture of her at the football game. She was pretty big stuff. Everyone was wishing her happy birthday as she wore a sticker that Uncle Derick and Uncle Jenn sent her that said "It's my birthday". Yes I said Uncle Jenn. She just likes to call her Uncle Jenn. ;) And she got a big Buzz Lightyear...and a big Woody. She was thrilled with that!!


We had even more to celebrate than Sophia turning 4 on Thurs. Evan made his debut as starting QB for the Larned Middle School Indians. Paper bag in hand I headed into the stands with determination that I would not freak out. That lasted about 5 seconds until the first huge d-lineman headed at my baby!! Breathe...breathe...

It was an amazing game!! Long story short we came from behind with a minute and a half left, drove it down the field and scored. Evan kept his head and the whole team never gave up.

Evan means young warrior in celtic. And that's what he was...a young warrior. On Fri. morning my devotional was about how God is a warrior God. After watching Evan on Thurs. I know he has a God given warrior spirit. So proud of him!!


On Sat. Sophia had her grandparents, great-grandparents, Aunt T and cousins over to celebrate. She asked me if she was 5. The multiple celebrations threw her off. ;) She asked for chocolate cupcakes with white icing and Toy Story on them. Here's my best attempt. 1st time I've ever made a chocolate anything for a birthday. It was o.k. Gonna have to work on my chocolate baking skills as our Sophia is a chocoholic!!

Haley and her Aunt T. I think they're the same height. ;)

The cousins. Sooo cute!!
A wonderful, crazy, busy, super fun week!
Stay away from freaking out and run to turning 4!!

No comments: