Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Preschool

I will not cry...I will not cry...I will not cry...

I've said that a few times over the past days. I'm pretty sure I would have won an Oscar on Tues. morning as Sophia is telling me that she doesn't want to go to school...and can't I stay with her at school. "Oh, Sophia, you will have so much fun that mommy needs to wait outside." "You won't need me, just like at church." "Mommy has lots of errands to go run." When I really wanted to tell her it was fine she could just stay home and never ever have to go to school, crawl back in bed in our pjs and watch spongebob. When I knew that I had not one single errand I had to run...smile and bite the lip...run out the door when she looks like she's going to play...
I think the rule should be they can only go to school when a normal size backpack doesn't look like a 10 week expedition pack on them. She was sooo excited to use her sister's old back pack.
So here we are...2 days of pre-k under our belt. She said tonite she likes her school. I guess that's a good thing. ;) How did I get here? Wasn't it just a few months ago she was a newborn? Everyone says it'll be great...I'll find lots of new things to do...problem is I don't want new things to do...
Stay away from wimpy moms....and run to Preschool!

No comments: