Then when we got up to our room there was a dozen roses. They were gorgeous!! I was only sad thinking about I wouldn't be able to take them home. We stayed at Mandalay Bay THE hotel. The room was lovely.
My birthday night we went to see Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian. The show was super. We had awesome seats. A key part of the Phantom of the Opera is a 20 foot chandelier and we were sitting directly under the chandelier which proceeded to "fall" on us. I really thought it was going to land on us. LOVE the Phantom music. And the Venetian is beautiful!! We had dinner there in the casino after the show.

Sunday night we saw O at the Bellagio. Unbelievable!! I've never been to a Cirque de Soleil production, but I will definitely see another one. It was insane. It was a circus on water. And my eyes could not take it all in there was so much going on.
We did tons of walking. We hadn't been to Vegas in 10 years and of course the Strip has changed a lot. Everyone talks about the economy and the way it was evident to us was in the casinos. The last time we went the dealers at the table were all business. You did not put your drink, hands, arms on the tables. This time they were telling people how to bet. It was really something how laid back the tables were. And it was not busy. The casinos were not full on a Sat. night. That was so strange.
We also went to the top of the Eiffel tower, watched the fountains at Bellagio...from the top of Eiffel tower and at lake level, and walked through all the other casinos just to check out the interiors. So cool! It is amazing how it looks like a plain building from the outside and is this gorgeous other world inside.
Once again...AGAIN!!...our plane did not make it home. Mechanical troubles...which is always what you want to hear before you board the plane. Due to those "troubles" which we think was a broken gas cap...we missed our connecting flight in Denver. After running a mile through the airport only to get to the gate in time to see our plane pulling away. Seriously!?! I was looking around for one of those defibrilators that are on the walls now a days because I truly thought I was going to have a heart attack at any moment. My heart is jacked up anyway from all the thyroid mess...and then add the top physical form that I am in...well you get the picture. Thank God, truly, for parents and grandparents. They all worked it out to get the kids everywhere they had to be. And we got home the next day.
Thank you dear husband!! I was spoiled rotten and had the best birthday ever!! I love you so much for giving me a once in a lifetime memory.
Stay away from missing your flight....and run to husbands who take you on awesome trips for your birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment