Jon and I were at dinner with friends last night when I got the call from Haley. Screaming. "Sprinkles had her baby!" Seemed so funny to me that Haley did not realize that a cat has more than one. By the time we got home from across our tiny town 2 more were born. Do not tell Jon but you know we're all loving this! And he is not happy at all. Our friends had to come in and be the vets for us as I "don't know nothing 'bout birthin no kitties Miss Scarlett".... They came over and assured us all was well. My biggest fear was that Sprinkles would croak during the process and I'd be stuck being a mommy to 3 little kitties. yikes. It'll be fun for awhile and then the kitties will probably get to go to one of our farm family friends to become owl food. Harsh I know...but such is the circle of life. ;) Who am I kidding...I'm sure the Christmas letter will feature us and our funny farm crew. There is a yellowy/orange colored one that really looks like a Baker Wildcat to me!! I'm thinking our Lawrence cousins need a mascot at their house!!! Shipping will be free. :)I think...think...we're all moved in. I'll try to get some pics up of the house at some point. We are loving how the kitchen turned out. And I was super happy not to have to move in before the renovations were finished. There are a few details that need to be finished up, but I can live with that. I think our only snag at this point is the furniture we ordered is awol. Hoping it gets here next week as the biggest room in our house currently only has two little club chairs in it. Reminds me of college days. About to go out and get the lawn furniture. I do think the happiest member of the house is Lainey. She is LOVING the backyard and not having to be on a leash any longer. I swear she barks "freeeeedddooommm" every time she runs back there. And she is a beast at getting the squirrels up the trees. ;)
E is a dual sportster right now. Track and Baseball. Although at this very moment he is sidelined with a sprained ankle. Very, very thankful it was not worse. He was stretching to reach 1st base and stepped down on the outside of his ankle. Scary for awhile. But he is recovering quite nicely and we are working hard to make sure he doesn't do too much too soon. He's done very well in track. Who knew? His goal is to beat the 7th grade mile record which is 5:17. His best time in a meet was 5:20. So hopefully if this ankle doesn't slow him down he'll get that record before the end of the season. He also runs the 4x100, 4x200 and 4x400. The 4x400 team already beat the previous 7th grade record. And I'm not making this up...when they broke it it was 39 degrees with about a 20 mph northwest wind and mist. Miserable! I think they all just wanted to be done!! The baseball team took 1st in Dodge City last weekend. E played the whole 1st game. Pitched the 1st inning of the 2nd game. Was lead off batter for the 2nd game and hurt his ankle on his 1st at bat. He'll be back playing baseball the 1st weekend of May. Not sure about track. Maybe this Thur., but next week for sure.
Haley has turned into our little musician. She is doing really well on the piano. And will play in a recital on May 1st. She is actually very excited and already has her piece memorized. I will truly enjoy these days while they last and I don't have to threaten, cajol, bribe to get her to practice. She also has a band/vocal concert Tue. She enjoys band and playing the flute, but detests vocal and told us not to come as they are so bad she's embarassed...hmm...that ought to make for a fun filled evening of music listening. ;)
Sophia is still loving pre-k. The Easter party was quite funny. Bless the teachers heart she dyed eggs with all 12 of them. Seriously...she's a saint. The pre-k is held at a church. So the "Easter Bunny" hid the eggs in different rooms of the church. The hunt was entertaining to say the least. 11 of the kids would enter the room and slowly look around while 1 kid...shockingly, not Sophia...ran around and grabbed all the goodies while the teacher yelled, "only 1, you only get 1!!" Then we spent the next 10 minutes going through his basket and evenly distributing the treats to the rest of the class. Classic!!
OK...better get back to work. Have a wonderful, blessed Easter!!
2 comments:
Glad you are getting settle in your new house. How exciting! I'm not sure which Lawrence cousin you were referring to....but we have a strict no kitties rule and any "gifts" will be returned to their owner :)
Looking forward to pictures of the house and the kids in action....and the wedding! Can't wait to see you all!!!
Post a Comment