Saturday, November 10, 2012

Fall 2012

Hello blogosphere!!  At this point I'm hoping to get quarterly updates on here.  
 


  I will start with Evan.  Can't believe my little man is in high school.  He loves high school.  He is, so far, doing well with his grades.  Very thankful Jon remembers high school geometry to tutor him.  He is involved in Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and is even helping with the Drama departments play...on the lighting/tech team.  I think he's there mostly to hang out with upperclassmen and girls.  Shocking I know. 
  He had a wonderful football season.  They won the first 3 games of the season.  More wins than they've had in years.  Evan started out playing special teams on varsity.  He continued to quarterback for Freshman and JV games.  I put one little video on here and it is from their Freshman game against Nickerson.  Evan's class continues to do an amazing job.  First time in, I think, 10 years they've had a freshman team.  We have hopes they'll all stay together and keep winning!!  Evan eventually moved up to receiver on special teams and had some great kickoff returns.  He did get to start one game of varsity at cornerback on defense.  But also got injured that game and it ended up being his last game of the season.  He sprained his left ankle and strained his left achilles.  He's been in therapy 3 days a week since the week of October 22nd.  He's still not 100% but we're believing and praying for a full recovery.  Was a bitter pill for him to swallow as he had to sit out the last JV and varsity games of the season.  On a bright note though at the Football awards banquet he was honored to receive Special Teams player of the year.  That was quite an honor as they only gave out 7 awards for the whole team...Offensive player, defensive player, etc. So happy to see him remember the good things from the season and not just the injury.  Can't wait for next year!!!
 





 
Miss Haley...I think she is enjoying being the big bad 8th grader of Larned Middle School.  I think.  ;)  She made it through volleyball.  She improved greatly, as did the whole team.  So that was nice to see.  She is still telling her dad she's going to golf next fall in high school  If she doesn't I don't know what I'll do with Jon.  He is just dying to have a golfer in the family.  So we shall see. 






This week was her first 2 basketball games of the season.  And they won both!!!  First against Dodge City Sacred Heart.  54-14.  Haley had either 18 or 20 points.  She wasn't 100% sure.  And on Thur. they beat Ellinwood 39-34 in OT.  She scored the last 2 points of game by putting in 2 freethrows.  She had 8 points that game.  Unfortunately she and another starter got 3 fouls in the first quarter...so she she did not play some of the 1st quarter and none of the 2nd quarter.  Gotta love middle school basketball.  ;)
 
And then there's Sophia Paige...  She's had quite the fall.  First starting school.  We LOVE her teacher.   And that's saying something because we still LOVE her pre-k teacher!!  She turned 6 in September.  That was a thrilling weekend for her.  The Friday before her birthday she was asked to be the crown bearer for Homecoming.  And of course Sophia thought the entire festivities were for her...since it was almost her birthday and all.  She had a great time.  She LOVE being in the parade with the king/queen candidates.  I didn't get a pic of it but in the picture to the left when they announced the two crown bearers to the crowd she waved and waved like she was the queen.  Sooo funny!!  We like to say Sophia's favorite color is shiny or sparkly.  So when I got her dress for her I was a little concerned she'd look like a vegas show girl, as she insisted on the one with the most sparkles...but alas...she fit right in with the queen candidates who were all wearing shiny/sparkly too.  I guess she knows what she's doing.  ;)  For Halloween this year she was Super girl...we called her Super Sophi.  ;)  She had a blast.  And the weather...wow...we've been so spoiled this fall.  Gorgeous!





 
 Finally...Jon and I were blessed to go to Cannes, France for Jon's best friend Max's wedding to his beautiful bride Deborah.  Always difficult to leave the kids, but with Evan and Haley's sports and Sophia's school, we decided to go without them.  It was a gorgeous trip.  We so enjoyed all of Max and Deb's family and friends.  And of course the area is just incredible.  We got to go to St. Tropez one day.  And an island inhabited by a monastery one day.  Max and Deb's wedding and reception was held at a Castle in Cannes...wow...stunning.  And Jon did a great job as best man.  Nodding his head as everything was spoken in French.  :)  Can't wait to go back and take the kids next time.





 Until the Winter quarter...may you be blessed with Love, Health and Happiness!!

Stay away from injuries...and run to incredible memories!!



No comments: