Saturday, March 3, 2007

32-15

Evan's team won their last game of the season!!! Evan had 11 (maybe 15, that's what his grandpa said) points. I've learned it's hard to keep track of points for the whole game while also taking care of a 5 month old. Evan was so happy. He also had, what I thought, the most interesting play of the game. He drove the floor for a lay-up and was fouled on the shot, which he made, so he got to shoot a free-throw. Keep in mind these are 3rd and 4th graders....getting lined up for a free-throw takes awhile and is easily screwed up...apparently it was really throwing them all for a loop because Evan shot his free-throw and nobody moved into the lane to get the rebound, so Evan gets his own rebound and puts it back up to make a little jumper. He was way jacked up about that! The other players, including our own team, were completely confused. Made for a memorable play though. It was a fun game to watch. The whole team played really well and ran the ball....which we love! Nothing better than 4 quarters of fast breaks.

Today was basketball day. Evan's game was at 11:00. We rushed home after that game to watch KU beat Texas. Yay!! After the KU game we went up to the high school to watch the girls and boys 1-A sub-state final. Good games. Unfortunately both teams we were cheering for lost. Pawnee Heights' girls lost to Little River and Macksville boys lost to Claflin.

Don't be a bunch of haters for this, but Jon and I went to Manhattan yesterday to the Landon lecture series and listened to President Bill Clinton speak. Don't write and tell me every horrible thing about him...I've heard it all before....and believe most of it. But love him or hate him, he's an amazing speaker. It was a thrill to actually be in the same room as a President. A first for me anyway!

Nothing else exciting happening. Jon has finally succumbed to the illness creature that is looming around our house. He's got a head cold. For now, everyone else appears to be well. We're down to a only one cat out of 3 cats, the dog, and the 5 of us that haven't been sick in this house. Even Newman has been on antibiotics within the last month...oh that's a whole other blog...trust me.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend and have a great week!

Stay away from head colds and haters and run to interesting lectures and finishing a season with a win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT!?!? You didn't watch K-State beat OU? We're going to have a long talk next time I'm home :-) Speaking of which, I think I'm coming up for Easter.

I also want to let you know that I really enjoy reading this blog and looking at the pictures. Thanks for bringing a slice of home to the Big D. Tell everybody hi, and give them hugs and kisses for me.

Eagerly waiting the next story, with love, your big brother.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Evan...we will be watching you play for KSU in a few years.....jim & joan