I put Sophia to bed Wednesday night at 9:00 pm. She was just fine...no fever, no snotty nose...fine. 5:00 am Thursday she has croup (rhymes with soup). Croup is fairly obvious because your baby sounds like a seal pup barking. We made a trip to the pediatrician's office...which I dread, because there's always 100 sick, coughing kids in the waiting room. Whatever you came in with you're leaving with something 100 times worse. They look at her, "yep, she's got croup". Two shots and a couple of other tests later we're off to Walgreens to get a warm mist vaporizer...has to be warm mist...and Robitussin..we like to call it "tussin"..which Jon and I always laugh at....if you've ever watched Chris Rock you know what I mean. Poor Sophie. She was a good sport though. She didn't really cry for the shots. Basically gave the nurses the look you see up above...the "you just hurt my feelings" look. [note: the picture above was actually taken while she was listening to Miles Davis...apparently she's not a big fan of Mr. Davis, as she teared up every time his horn blew] Sophie slept well last night and is much better today...Hallelujah!
Our big event last night was a game of Clue with the kids. Playing board games with our crew always include someone laughing, someone crying and someone yelling. Not always in that order either...and one person may do all of them within one game. We decided to play in Sophie's room since she needed to be by the warm mist vaporizer...aka...sauna. Halfway through the first round of Clue we've all got curly hair and wet shirts. Haley was the main one who wanted to play Clue, unfortunately she has no clue how to play Clue. Which actually is quite entertaining for Jon and I to watch Evan have a melt down trying to explain the game to his sister....you know what happens right?...Evan is taking notes like somebody's secretary and Haley is just goofing around...she mainly wanted to play so she could be Miss Scarlett...and guess who wins? Haley: "I think it was colonial mustard with the leed pipe in the conservation room". Evan, Mr. Competitive, is out of his mind. "She doesn't even know how to play this game!" Haley did enjoy her victory even though she didn't know how she did it!
I know, I know...our life is just too exciting!
Have a great day!
Stay away from croup and Dr.'s offices.....and run to board games and Miles Davis.
No comments:
Post a Comment