Tuesday, September 11, 2007

e fought the dirt bike...& the bike won



Evan was at a birthday party Sat. night and decided he was a big enough boy to zoom around on a dirt bike. It was lots of fun until he hit a rocky turn and flipped the bike, landing on top of the exhaust pipe. Thankfully he was wearing a helmet. You're looking at his right leg. The main burn is above the knee, with a little below it. The white stuff is burn medicine. One handy thing that happened was the mom of the dirt bike owner is a pharmacist, so she had burn cream at her house. I've already been told that as a mom I worry too much and these things happen, especially with boys.....still not making me feel better though. Evan says it hasn't been too painful, but he's worried he won't be healed enough for flag football. The first game ist 9.22, so we'll see.

Miss H. went to school today. She seemed fairly perky so hopefully she'll make it all day. She was up at the crack of dawn for me to curl her hair for pics.

My mind drifts now and again to the anniversary of 9.11. I'm ashamed to admit that I really don't want to think about it too long because it is so painful. For all those who lost their lives, I'm sad. For all those who continue to lose their lives from the fall out of that one day, I'm sad too. Gotta focus on the Word and not grow weary....Psalm 62:5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. 6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. 7 My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. 8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. What a mighty God we serve! He's gonna fix our broken hearts.

Stay away from dirt bikes (I can hear Evan saying, "Oh mom, they're fun!")....and run to the mighty Word of God!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Evan. We're so sorry for your ouchee. That looks like it hurts to me!! Take care and we're glad that it wasn't any worse.
Hope you and Haley took great pictures today. Can't wait to see them. Lots of Love to All,
Love Nana and Big Papa