
Construction continues at the house, outside this time. They are putting new shingles on and it sounds like a herd of buffalo have invaded the roof. They are making good progress so that is positive.
Under the heading = "Watching grown men run always makes me laugh"....all the construction guys know our dog Newman quite well as Newman greets them most heartily whenever they approach the house.....and continues to greet them incessantly until they yell at him to shut it. Newmie dog might be old, deaf, almost blind and a touch arthritic, but the old guy can sense when a gate has been left open. One of the new guys didn't realize Newman's hidden speed until it was too late. I looked out the window to see 2 guys running as fast as their legs would carry them through our neighbors back yard. Newman evaded their best efforts to catch him and was free for most of the morning. Too funny.
The kids are nearing the end of school which is all too evident by the fact that they might as well just call off school the end of April because there is no work done from May 1st until the end of school. I know I wrote about this last year...but it is my blog...so if I want to crab about it again this year that's my perogative :) I say make the little boogers sweat it out until at least the last week. Their schedule includes: trip to the senior center, trip to meet the new teachers, field trip, movie day, field day (which is different than field trip), awards day....on and on and on...Haley said they got a 45 minute recess yesterday. Seriously...do any of you remember doing that much stuff before school got out? I do remember field trip (which the highlight was eating lunch at our town's crappy little park) and field day (the extent of was to run around the play ground, no big event at the high school football field)...but that's it. I remember thinking that the day we got to clean out our desk was easy. Oh well. My dad had to walk 25 miles to school, so I guess it goes to figure my kids will have it easier than me! :)
Have a great rest of the week!
Stay away from crabby people who crab about school and other really (not really) important events.....and run to having a month of parties.

No comments:
Post a Comment