Tuesday, May 27, 2008

trampoline







You are looking at our newest article of fun at the Skelton house. The kids had an exceptional year in school so we had to cough up a trampoline for their reward. We chose the hottest day of 2008 to put it together. But it was a memorable event as 2 of the kids great-grandmas assisted in the endeavor. I had to mark the occasion with a picture as I doubt too many kids have put their trampoline together with the help of their great-grandmas. I didn't have to instruct Jon at all as it was his grandmas and they knew right what to do! I just sat back and watched and imagined Jon was 10 years old....it was as if I was able to step back into time and watch two women, who love him beyond imagine, mother him.

E&H had to do "rock, paper, scissors" to see who would jump first....Haley won. Evan was on in no time....immediately breaking my shakey first rule of only 1 at a time ;) Sophie quickly followed. She loves to jump all around the house....so you can imagine her delight at the tramp. She's not real steady on the trampoline...so until we get the enclosure put up, she's not allowed on the tramp for very long. She has a complete, ugly, meltdown when she is not allowed to get on. Good times :) Jon and I both (at seperate times...there is a weigh limit ;) got on and jumped around. I don't think I've been on a trampoline since Jr. High....so the memories flooded back....and I remembered real quick that I wasn't in Jr. High anymore!! The great-grandmas wouldn't get on though.

Stay away from shakey rules.....and run to NOT falling off a trampoline.....and to jumping high when mom isn't watching.

No comments: