Tuesday, June 17, 2008

trying to keep up....


As you can see the boys in our house had quite an adventure last week. I'm just trying to keep up with their lives at this point.

Jon got back from a trip to Canada Sun. night. He caught and released lots of fish. Haley and I are so sad they didn't bring any back for us to eat....yeah right! Jon has lots of fishing tales to tell for anyone who'd like to chat with him....too many to post here. He had an awesome time....duh!

Evan had an amazing time at the KU basketball camp. He got to get an autograph from Sherron Collins and even got to chat with him a little. As you can see he met and got a pic with Bill Self. He told me he kept touching the trophy. There were 900 boys at the camp...so I can only imagine the fingerprints on that trophy now!! Evan went to camp by himself...no friends...and stayed in a very large dorm. Being "the mom" I assumed he'd be nervous and want me to hang out for a while...yeah right! The minute I set his stuff down in his dorm room he told me I could leave. Are you kidding? I had my doubts whether he could even find his way back down to the lobby. We unpacked his bags and I made him show me that he could get back to the lobby and he just looked at me and said, "Bye Mom". I can take a hint......so I hit the trail....and prayed many prayers on the 2 1/2 hour trip back to McPherson that he would find his way around....and make some friends...and take a shower...and brush his teeth....and change his clothes...and not forget his shoes....It's tough being a mom!! ;) He played LOTS of basketball and met some wonderful new friends. When I went to pick him up he told me he wished it was 2 weeks long and that he wanted to do both sessions next year....to which I told him he better get a job and start saving now!

Our cousin Brett runs the whole show and I will say I am incredibly impressed with that accomplishment. EVERYONE we dealt with was incredibly nice and professional. I can understand why Evan wants to go to both sessions....we'll see if we win the lottery by then :)

I will say that Miss Haley, Sophie and I had our own adventures...although maybe not quite as impressive. I'll save those stories for another day.....

Stay away from eating fish (sorry for all you fish lovers).....and run to great adventures.

No comments: