Hello All! Here it is Monday again. The weeks are flying by right now. Grumble, grumble our kids won't be out of school until the 27th. If you've read this blog since the beginning you know that I complain every year that the kids do nothing in the month of May.... My Mom always did tell me that if I can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. The one flaw I've found to that statement is it is usually way funnier to say something not nice. For the sake of my Mom I won't go on and on about my negative impression of year end activities. :)
Buckle your seatbelts and grab a snack....this is gonna be a long one...
OK...."night away"....I guess I assume all of you that read this know that Jon is the Chief Financial Officer for his company. Which means he's in charge of keeping track of the money. Which means he deals with the banks. Which means...once in awhile...he gets perks from them. Usually it is a round of golf at some fabulous golf course. Big woop right?! because how does that benenfit me? Just kidding!! Always happy my hubby gets to enjoy his golf. Well this time I got invited to do something fun too. He was invited to Intrust Bank Arena to see....wait for it....Nickelback. Yeah, that's right, the old farts got out of the country to go to the big city and see an actual rock concert. woo woo. And as you can imagine Jon and I fit right in with that crowd. Ha! ha! Since we don't have any tattoos and ALL our body parts were covered we looked like 2 nuns walking into the place.
The bank treated us right though. Gave us a front row parking pass and sat us in their private suite. And I must say that is WAY better than the rock concerts I went to 20 years ago. Just so you know I have seen AC/DC, Motly Crue, Aerosmith, Great White, and Tesla among others. I was a little metal head back in the day. NOT anymore! Good Lord I thought my ears were bleeding! But the suite. Wow. It was fun to see how the other half lives.
Embarrassing moment of the year....of course....First attempt to get into the concert I got booted out because my camera was too big. Really?? What am I going to do with it.? Do they think I'm going to throw it? IDK. OK. Back to the car to get my little camera. As we are walking back I'm looking down into my purse...big no, no....and I trip over the curb and completely bite it. Take a moment to picture it please. I'm all decked out in my new dress and boom...knees hit the pavement...yeah, beautiful! Thank God only a mom and her daughter see me sprawled all over the sidewalk. pheww. Oh it gets better. Jon picks me up and in we go. Small camera...fine. Up to the floor where we're sitting. We wander around a bit. Walk into the suite. Who's in there? The mom and daughter. Seriously?? 15,000 people in the arena. 15,000! And I'm in a suite with 2....yes THE 2...people who saw me bite it. I tried to catch their eye to introduce myself, "Ms. Klutzy...not Ms. Drunky".....they wouldn't even look at me. I have to laugh now. OMG it was funny! AND my 2nd camera that I went back to get...that started the chain of events.....dead battery...so NO PICTURES!! After all that!
Concert...VERY loud. But really, really good. 3 opening acts. I only knew 1. Shinedown. Apparently the new thing by groups is to record an album that you listen to on every radio station, but don't sound anything like in person. The songs I've heard sound normal, hard rock, not scary. The groups come out and are like thrasher bands...yikes! The other noticeable occurance...with each opening group culminating in the main event...more F bombs got dropped as we went along. I know I'm old but after 10 F bombs does it really matter that you say it anymore? Nickelback was very entertaining. Lots of pyro. They didn't do that back in the day. I do like most of their songs, even though I won't let E listen to Rockstar. ;)
Overall it was fun to do something we would never do normally. And that we won't do for many years to come. You want to know the best thing? Evan was super impressed and even a little jealous. Now that is HARD to do. Get your 12 year old son AND his friends to think, even for one half of a second, that you're not such an ancient, goof. Makes me smile.
Allright...get back to work...this old lady is done telling her story!!
Stay away from embarrassing moments....and run to rock concerts.
1 comment:
Laughed so hard I cried!! I can totally picture the whole thing. lolololol
Post a Comment